Winter is here and the holidays are coming! Parties and special events out on the town give you the perfect excuse to dress up and go glam! Complement your favourite cocktail dress or jumpsuit with the ultimate holiday makeup. It’s dramatic, sultry and anyone can pull it off!
Here’s how to get the look:
- Start with a primer on your eyelids from lash line to brow bone to ensure your make-up doesn’t smudge or travel.
- Apply the Stila Aqua glow concealer to your under eyes for an even, blank canvas. Pro-tip: Brush translucent powder under your eyes to catch any dark eye shadow that may fall down during application. When you finish the look, simply use a tissue to wipe away the powder for a clean finish!
- Using the Glo Cream shadow in Toast, start by blending all over the lid to crease. Using a cream will create more texture on the eyes and give the shadow staying power throughout the evening.
- Use a black pencil or gel eye liner to trace upper and lower lash lines. Don’t forget about the water line! Gently blend with a small smudge brush or cotton swab. One of my favourite products that works wonders is the Stila smudge stick in Stingray. Seriously, it stays put!
- Use a round tip, medium brush to apply a smokey brown shade from the Stila Soul Palette to your upper lash line and blend up in sweeping motions to the outer edge of your eye.
- Lightly brush Kitten shadow from Stila in the corner of your eye blending outwards. Apply a light dusting of this shadow on your brow bone to highlight.
- Finish with a heavy coat of Paul & Joe smudgeproof mascara. For this look I’ve added our Mink lashes in Smoke Show.
Finish the look with Glo Minerals creamy lip crayon in shade Jetset – it’s so dynamic with the smokey eye and perfect for a holiday makeup!
Smokey eyes can be paired with a sheer, nude gloss or with red lippy to turn heads this holiday season! Now, all you need is the mistletoe…
Photos by Christie Graham Photography